1. A GBP gift card can be used as full or part payment for merchandise in Debenhams department stores within the UK and online at debenhams.com.
2. Gift cards cannot be used on the following Debenhams Partnerships websites: debenhamsflowers.co.uk, debenhamscurtains.com, debenhamstailoredshirts.com or debenhamsweddingstationery.com.
3. They may not be exchanged for cash or vouchers, used as a deposit on a credit agreement, used to settle a Debenhams Account Card or to purchase financial or travel services.
4. The minimum amount required to top-up a gift card online at www.debenhamsforschools.com is £1. The maximum balance limit is £5,000.
5. No change or refund will be given when a gift card is redeemed but any remaining balance may be applied to future purchases.
6. The balance of a gift card can be checked in store, online at debenhams.com or by calling 0844 800 9091.
7. Gift cards expire 48 months after the last use or balance enquiry and any remaining balance will be deducted.
8. Debenhams reserves the right to reject a gift card that in its sole discretion, it has reason to believe it is not genuine.
9. Gift card numbers and PINs remain the property of Debenhams (including all intellectual property in the source code).
10. For every 1p value loaded onto a gift card at www.debenhamsforschools.com Debenhams will donate the equivalent of 5% of the value to the chosen school. Debenhams is responsible for 100% of this donation.
11. Debenhams will not provide individuals with details regarding values of donations made to schools.
12. Debenhams is not liable for any gift cards that are lost, stolen or damaged, howsoever caused, are undeliverable, delayed or incorrectly addressed by the purchaser. Whilst multiple gift cards may be ordered at the same time this does not guarantee that they will be despatched together or at the same time.
13. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the accuracy of the information entered during the order process as Debenhams is not responsible for any errors made by the recipient.
14. Neither Debenhams, nor any courier or carrier service that we use, shall be liable for any failure to perform where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control; these circumstances will include but are not be limited to adverse weather conditions – such as snow, flood, extreme winds - fire, explosion, accident, traffic congestion, obstruction of a private or public highway, riot, terrorism, act of God or from any industrial dispute or strike
15. Debenhams reserves the right to cancel your order at any time and issue a full refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
16. Gift cards become the responsibility of the recipient upon despatch and Debenhams is not responsible for any gift card that is used by someone other than the intended recipient thereafter.
17. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that any personal message on a gift card backer will not cause offence to a recipient, or any person who the purchaser could reasonably have foreseen as potentially reading it and that all subject matter can be legally viewed in the country or territory where the recipient can reasonably be expected to receive it.
18. Debenhams will endeavour to ensure that funds loaded onto a gift card are made available to redeem on the same day the order is placed and payment successfully taken, however Debenhams will accept no liability for any delays to this process howsoever caused.
19. www.debenhamsforschools.com and all payment transactions are managed on behalf of Debenhams by a third party (‘Nitecrest Limited’) and as such Debenhams accepts no responsibility for errors that occur as part of the payment process. All payment queries should be directed to Nitecrest Ltd, 32 Marathon Place, Moss Side Industrial Estate, Leyland, Lancashire, PR26 7QN United Kingdom
20. Debenhams reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time where it reasonably considers it necessary to do so (e.g. to change the scope of the gift card service, notify of the service's withdrawal or in the event of circumstances beyond its control). Reasonable notice of such changes will be given where possible.
21. There is no right to cancel a gift card purchase once the gift card has been spent in full or in part.
22. By purchasing and or using a Debenhams gift card you accept and agree to these terms and conditions.